fbpx
Shop Now
Register Your Token

Mother's Day

Forums Loss of a Parent Mother's Day

Viewing 3 reply threads

• Emily H
        Participant

Mother’s Day is coming up. I know several family members who have lost their mother within the last year. I know this day will be hard for them. What can I say or do to let them know that I am thinking of them?

• Participant

Honestly, just reaching out. A text, a note, a facebook message. Just a small note from someone saying they’re thinking of you, goes a long way.

• Emily H
          Participant

Thank you for the advice! Sometimes I’m so afraid of saying the wrong thing, that I don’t say anything at all 🙁

• Laura H
            Participant

Saying anything to let them know you’re remembering their mother and their loss is healing. One of the rays of sunshine through grief is seeing how much other people care.

• Crystal W
        Keymaster

I think not saying anything is worse than saying the wrong thing. By saying something (even if it’s ‘wrong’) they know that you’re thinking of them on this tough day.

• Abby M
        Participant

Did you know their moms? Share a happy memory you have! I love it when people tell me things about my mom I didn’t know about, or that reawaken a memory.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Forums Loss of a Parent Mother's Day